Since 2012, organizations around the world have participated in Giving Tuesday, a global day of generosity and philanthropy, on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. For Giving Tuesday 2020, Historic Nashville Inc. is asking for your help as we undertake our most ambitious donation project yet with the creation of the Nashville Nine Fund.
Last month, we announced the 2020 Nashville Nine, our annual list of historic Nashville properties and neighborhoods most threatened by development, neglect, or demolition (pictured above). These properties will be our focus for advocacy and outreach throughout the year:
- The Tennessee State Prison
- The Henry Allen and Georgia Bradford Boyd House
- The Z. Alexander Looby House
- The sign of the Eldorado Motel
- The Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church
- Chaffin’s Barn
- The Barbizon Apartments
- The Firestone Building on West End Avenue
- The headstones carved by renowned Nashville sculptor William Edmondson at various African American cemeteries in the city
This year, Historic Nashville is committing $10,000 to help honor and preserve these spaces. We will work with the owners, government agencies, and the public to educate, evaluate, and create solutions for preserving these important elements of Nashville’s unique history and sense of place.
Your donation will enable us to give even more assistance to help save these essential pieces of our city’s story. Your generosity makes preservation possible. Thank you!